Florentine silicone mould
The Florentine silicone mould is the ideal mould for the preparation of the famous traditional dry biscuit. With the Maé Florentine mould, you can simplify the preparation of these biscuits. The silicone allows you to obtain a homogeneous cooking of your biscuit. Our silicone moulds are made of premium quality food grade silicone. Thanks to its non-stick quality, the removal of the Florentines from the mould is quick and easy. The use of the moulds goes from freezing to baking. Indeed, the moulds can resist temperatures ranging from –45°C to +280°C. Made in France, Maé’s silicone moulds ensure professional quality and great resistance of the moulds.
If you wish to make individual florentines of a larger size, we have silicone florentine moulds with a larger cell volume, such as the reference 000287.
Characteristics of the Florentine mould
- Cavity dimensions : 400X600 mm
- Cavity quantity : 70
- Cavity dimensions : Ø45X4 mm
- Cavity volume : 6.3 ml
The advantages of the mould
- Premium food grade silicone for intensive and professional use
- Temperature resistant from -45°C + 280°C
- Easy to demould
- Easy to clean
- Made in France
- Guaranteed food conformity (European and American standards in force)
- Suitable for use on automated production lines
- Dosing distances common to many Silmaé (Maé Innovation’s range of silicone moulds)
- One Maé Innovation silicone mould is designed for multiple uses
The history of the Florentine
Contrary to what its name might suggest, the Florentine was not born in Florence. This biscuit, made with honey, almonds, orange and chocolate, is traditionally eaten at the end of the year. Popular in many countries, this biscuit is an excellent side dish for tea during a short break. Today, many pastry chefs have developed new recipes for the famous Florentine biscuit. In order to make it, you will need a Florentine silicone mould.